“Mhaji Lab, Bari Lab”—The Goa State best ICT Laboratory Award Scheme”
The Government of Goa is pleased to formulate the “Mhaji Lab, Bari Lab-the Goa
State Best ICT Laboratory Award Scheme”– the Scheme is to recognize the hard work put in by staff of the ICT Laboratory and to give an impetus and encouragement to them by conferring awards on them for their contribution in the field of ICT.
- Short title and commencement.—
- This scheme shall be called “Mhaji Lab, Bari Lab” the Goa State Best ICT Laboratory Award Scheme”.
- It shall be applicable to all the Government Schools and Government Aided Schools under the Directorate of Education of the Government of Goa.
- The scheme shall come into force from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
- Preamble.— The State of Goa is developing speedily as an educational hub and the Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Laboratories have become an integral and indispensable part of the education system for communication, learning along with the spread of knowledge, so as to make the student equipped for the digital world. The laboratories also inculcate computational, design thinking habits among the young students of the society. The Government of Goa has through various initiatives provided top of the class ICT infrastructure in the school laboratories. There are efforts put in by the staff of the schools, who by their untiring and resolute hard work at the grass root level promote the sustainability of these ICT laboratories. To recognize the efforts of the staff of the schools who through their efforts have tried and sustained the schools ICT laboratories, the Government of Goa is therefore pleased to constitute “The Goa State Best ICT Laboratory Award Scheme” envisaging grant of awards for meritorious ICT Laboratory, two each in North Goa District and South Goa District; either in any Government or Government-aided Schools in the State of Goa.
- Objectives.— The main objective of the scheme is to recognize the hard work put in by staff of the ICT Laboratory and to give an impetus and encouragement to them by conferring awards on them for their contribution in the field of ICT. Government has provided and facilitated ICT Laboratories in most schools in the state to ensure proper promotion of ICT skills in students. In order to promote proper maintenance of the ICT laboratories and encourage proper preventive maintenance of the equipment and as such increase the work life of the equipment’s, Government proposes to felicitate School Heads/School Coordinator (ICT Laboratory In-charge)/ICT Laboratory Staff, that showcase improved utilisation of the laboratory infrastructure, creativity and innovative use of the ICT equipment’s, creating Student Support Technical Club (SSTC), etc.